If you are into the logistics business, then Proof of Delivery becomes a crucial part of the whole delivery system. POD is a significant part of the delivery process as it establishes that the package has been delivered to the customer and acts like a receipt that proves that the delivery has been made.
Proof of Delivery consists of a written acknowledgment of having received the order of a specific amount of money on a specific date and time, the name of the person who has received the product, and other shipping details. They are basically an official document where the customer confirms the receipt of the order or parcel.
Good communication is essential for the success of the business. And in the logistics industry, customers expect to know where their orders are. With emerging technologies and innovations, we at Zeo Route tried to enhance the old methodology of the PODs. We came up with the E-PODs or the Electronic Proof of Delivery in our app. An E-POD is a digital format of a traditional paper delivery order or delivery note. They present an efficient, modern approach to distribution that allows transport companies to provide better customer service throughout the delivery process.
Steps to enable Proof of Delivery in Zeo Route Planner
Just follow these simple steps to enable the Proof of Delivery in the Zeo Route Planner App
- Open the Zeo Route Planner App and head towards the My Profile section.
- Then press on the Settings tab to open the list of Preferences.
- Then press on the Proof of delivery tab. A popup will show up.
- Press the Enable option and then press the Save button.
- Now head to the My Routes section and press on Add New Route, and start importing all the addresses. Zeo Route Planner lets you import the address through the spreadsheet, Bar/QR code, image capture, and manual typing. After adding your addresses, press the Save and Optimize button to optimize all the routes.
- Now you can start the delivery process by pressing the Navigation button. After reaching your destination, press the Done button.
- As soon as you press the Done button, you will get a popup showing you two options, Validate over Signature and Validate over Photograph.
- If you choose the Validate over Signature option, a new popup will open up with a blank space where you can capture the customer’s signature. You can tell the customer to use their fingers as a stylus and sign on to that blank space; after taking the signature, press on Mark as Completed to complete the delivery.
- You can also use the Clear button to clear the blank space if the signature is not appropriate.
- If you choose the Validate over Photograph option, then your camera will open up, and you can take the package’s image. After taking the package photograph, you can press the Mark as Complete button to finish the delivery process.
- If at any point if you want to see the Proof of Delivery for a particular stop, press the Show button on the On-Ride section. You will see the list of completed addresses.
- Press on the Tick icon, which you can see before the address.
- As soon as you press on the Tick icon, you will see the Proof of Delivery you have taken in the delivery process.
Still need help?
Contact us by writing to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org, and our team will reach out to you.